Information for Transfer Students
Transfer Fact Sheet
Why Penn State?
There are literally hundreds of reasons to choose Penn State. More than 160 baccalaureate majors … 1,200 student clubs and organizations … a system of 20 undergraduate campuses across Pennsylvania that enroll first-year and transfer students … faculty internationally recognized for achievements in research and education … and foremost, Penn State's high-quality academics.
Who is a transfer student?
- A student who has earned a high school diploma or GED.
- A student who will have attempted 18 or more semester hours of college coursework at a regionally accredited college/university before enrolling at Penn State.(Credits earned after high school graduation)
- International Applicants: Students with international credentials should review our requirements for international students.
Penn State Admissions Process
- Steps to Apply for Transfer Students
- Application Requirements for Transfer Students
- When to Apply for Transfer Students
- Transferring Credits
- PA TRAC: Pennsylvania University/College Transfer Students
Students currently enrolled at one of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education universities or a Pennsylvania community college can view a sample of courses that will transfer to Penn State.
- Penn State Structure for Transfer Students
- General Eligibility for Transfer Students: Baccalaureate (four-year) degrees
- General Eligibility for Transfer Students: Associate (two-year) degrees
- Timeline for Transfer Students
- Next Steps for Transfer Students
Information regarding the next steps for transfer students offered admission to Penn State.
- Transfer Visit Information
- Resources for Transfer Students