Undergraduate Admissions

Application Requirements: Transfer Students

Required Supplemental Materials

In order to be considered for admission to Penn State, students must submit an online application and the required supplemental materials. All supplemental materials must be sent to Penn State Undergraduate Admissions. Only completed applications will be reviewed for admission. Penn State considers an application complete upon receipt of the items listed below:

  • Application Fee: There is a non-refundable application fee of $50 for domestic students and $65 for international students.
  • High School Transcripts: Penn State requires transfer applicants to submit their official high school transcript(s)(regardless of age or time since high school). All transcripts must be sent directly from the high school (educational institution of origin) to Penn State to be considered official.
  • GED Transcripts:

    If a student did not graduate from high school and earned a GED (regardless of age, time since high school, or year student withdrew from high school) high school transcripts AND an official GED transcript are required.

    The GED transcript, which includes test scores for each subject, is required. We do not need or use copies of the GED diploma.

    To be considered official, all high school transcripts must be sent directly from the high school and GED results must come directly from the state testing service.

    Pennsylvania GED transcript request form
    GED testing service

  • University/College Transcripts: Penn State requires transfer applicants to submit official transcripts from all colleges where coursework was attempted. Transcripts must be sent through mail, fax, Naviance, or Scrip-Safe directly to Penn State from the college/university were coursework was attempted. Additionally, please submit your current class schedule, if applicable.

Other Supplemental Materials

  • Military Transcripts: Military transcripts are not required as part of the admissions evaluation. For information on receiving credit for military experience see: Getting Credit from Military Experience.
  • International Students: In addition to academic records and application fee, international students whose native language is not English must prove English language proficiency for admission to Penn State. For more, please see: Information for International Students.

Standardized Test Scores: SAT or ACT scores are not required if you have completed more than one semester of full-time college coursework after your high school graduation.

Note: Please refer to our general eligibility guidelines for information on campus and college eligibility requirements.