Spend a Fall Day
Every fall semester, minority high school students are invited to attend Spend a Fall Day at Penn State University Park. Students in attendance learn about Penn State's multicampus system and the many opportunities available at Penn State. In addition to providing important application information, Spend a Fall Day also gives students an opportunity to interact with current undergraduates during a panel session and a tour in which SMART students share their stories of success with visitors.
Many of these students spend the night in a residence hall with a current student host. If you are a current Penn State student interested in hosting a prospective student, please contact SMART.
For this annual event, high-achieving, academically eligible students with offers of admission are invited to participate in a purposeful weekend in which students can meet current students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Ultimately, Achievers weekend, which has been held at the University Park campus since 1977, helps students make an informed decision about attending Penn State.
Sign up to be a Host for Achievers Weekend 2014!
Become a Host
This is just a sample of SMART events throughout the year.
- General Membership meetings - Every two weeks
- Executive Board meetings - Every week
- Spend A Fall Day - An overnight visit for prospective students in the fall semester
- Achievers - An overnight visit for accepted students in the spring semester
- Chats - A monthly opportunity to answer online chat questions from prospective students
- Involvement Fair - Promote SMART membership among Penn State students
- THON fundraising - Ongoing events take place throughout the year
- Retreats - A chance for SMART to reflect as a group on achievements and goals
- Homecoming - Participate in the annual Homecoming parade
- Formal - A social event to celebrate the year