Alert Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates

Penn State plans to resume on-campus work and learning in fall semester
For information and updates visit the link below.
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Admissions to Penn State

Sending Official Transcripts to Penn State

Information regarding submitting official transcripts from other institutions.

Penn State requires transfer applicants to submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions where course work was attempted.

Current students should send transcripts of dual enrollment course work or course work completed at a different college/university once the student enrolls at Penn State.

Once transfer credit is posted to a student's record, it cannot be removed.

Transcripts must be sent through mail, fax, Parchment, eScrip-Safe, the National Student Clearinghouse or SCOIR directly to Penn State from the university where course work was attempted. If your school requires an email address to send a transcript electronically, please use

Tuition Advisory

Please be advised that a student’s tuition will increase when the Penn State transcript reflects 59.1 total credits. Credits earned from sources such as Military Credit and tests, like AP or IB exams, are considered transfer credits and are included in the cumulative credit total. If the credits you are transferring or have transferred to Penn State place you above 59.1 total credits after the start of the semester, your tuition will increase immediately. You will receive a bill for the additional tuition on the first day of the following month. For more information, visit the Office of the Bursar's website.