Penn State Undergraduate Admissions Penn State University


If you have taken Advanced Level (A-Level) exams, you may be able to earn Penn State credit.

Penn State will award transfer credit for exams taken at the Advanced Level (A-Level) or Advanced Subsidiary (AS) Level and graded C or above.

Penn State Advanced Level Credit Evaluation

  • Advanced Level Exam Name: Panjabi
  • AS: no credit awarded
  • A-Level: 12 general credits of critical languages program

More Information about Credit for A-Level Exams

This evaluation of the credits awarded for A-Level Examinations is subject to change and may be reviewed and revised periodically by Penn State faculty.

If credit is awarded, a student’s University record will carry notation of credit, but no grade will be recorded. Credit awarded will not affect a student’s grade-point average at Penn State.

Limitations on credit earned through the A-Level Examinations are as follows:

  • The credit must be useful in a student's program of study.
  • Duplicate credit in the same subject is not awarded in any case.

Undergraduate students interested in receiving credit for A-Level Exams should arrange to have their official results certificates sent to Undergraduate Admissions. To be considered official, results certificates must be either originals or copies certified by the examining board. A "certified" copy is one that bears an original signature of the registrar or other designated school official, an original impression of the institution’s seal, or signature/seal of the examining board.

General credits may be awarded for an A-Level Exam that covers material that is not the substantial equivalent of material covered in a specific university course. General credits may be used to fulfill degree requirements in any area; such use is not necessarily limited to General Education or elective requirements. General credits are applied to a student’s program of study in accordance with the procedures established by the college of enrollment. Information on the use of general credits or specific course credits earned by the A-Level Exams in individual programs of study may be obtained from a student’s academic adviser or from the office of the dean of a student’s college.