Information about Penn State's use of a Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR) as part of the application.
SRAR is short for Self-Reported Academic Record, an initiative to ultimately have all future undergraduate applicants to the University submit their high school record as part of the application process, rather than having the school counselors send transcripts for each applicant.
It is important that students report grades exactly as they appear on your high school transcript. We suggest that you have a copy of your high school transcript on hand when completing this task. Your school counselor can provide a copy of your transcript.
Please adhere to the following when entering coursework in SRAR:
- Enter your grades exactly as they appear on your high school transcript or your score report.
- Enter your final grades for all courses completed in grades 9 through 11.
- If you are a high school senior, choose "In-Progress" for scheduled or in-progress 12th grade courses for which you do not yet have grades. If you have already completed a 12th grade course and received a grade, please indicate the grade that you received.
- Do not apply weight to your grades.
- Do not convert your grades into another format.
- Do not average your grades.
- If your school gives final official grades at the end of each year, then enter that grade.
- If your school gives final official grades by term or semester, then list each course with its final grade by term or semester. You may list the same course twice if repeated in a different term. Give the final grade for each term if that is how it appears on your year-end final transcript.
- If you’ve taken math or world language course work prior to 9th grade, and these courses are necessary to meet Penn State admission requirements, please indicate those courses on your SRAR in the middle school section for your high school record.
- If your exact course name is not listed in SRAR, please type it in exactly as it appears on your transcript.
International applicants should visit our information for international students for instructions on completing SRAR for the country where you are attending high school.