Terms and Conditions regarding SMS messaging communications from the Penn State Undergraduate Admissions Office and Penn State World Campus.
Penn State Undergraduate Admissions Office
Penn State Undergraduate Admissions office uses SMS messages to communicate about application and aid deadlines, event reminders, and other important information related to the admissions process.
Penn State World Campus
Penn State World Campus uses SMS messages to communicate about application and aid deadlines, event reminders, scholarships, registration, and other information important to applicants, new students, and current students.
- Opt In
- Students may opt in to SMS messages on the MyPennState portal at go.psu.edu/mps.
- Messaging Costs
- Message and data rates may apply. When you opt in to receive SMS messages, you are responsible for any carrier fees such as data plan charges, text messaging charges, tolls, out-of-area roaming, and other charges. Messaging frequency per month varies based on your student status and associated actions.
- Note that SMS communications from Penn State may not be available through all mobile carriers. Penn State Undergraduate Admissions Office and Penn State World Campus SMS communications are currently available through the following carriers: AT&T, Sprint/Nextel, Carolina West, ClearSky, Cellcom, Virgin Mobile, C Spire, Boost, Cincinnati Bell, T-Mobile, Interop U.S. Cellular, nTelos and MetroPCS. T-Mobile is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- Opt Out
- Text STOP to 73092 to stop receiving text messages from Penn State Undergraduate Admissions Office and Penn State World Campus.
- Email SMShelp@psu.edu, call (877) 415-8257, or text HELP to 73092 for more information.