Final High School Transcript

Penn State requires students who have accepted their offer of admission to provide documentation that indicates the student's high school completion status.

Adult learners, as defined by the University, are exempt from this requirement.

Submitting Final High School Transcripts

Provide one of the following documents that indicates your high school completion status:

  • A copy of your final official high school transcript that shows the date when the diploma was awarded.

    To be considered official, the transcript must be sent directly to Penn State from the high school.

  • A state certificate or transcript received after you passed a State-authorized examination that the State recognizes as the equivalent of a high school diploma (GED test, HiSET, TASC, or other State-authorized examination).
  • If you are a homeschooled student and the law in your home state requires you to obtain a secondary school completion credential for homeschool (other than a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent), a copy of that credential.
  • If the law in your home state does not require a homeschooled student to obtain a secondary school completion credential for homeschool (other than a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent), a transcript or the equivalent, signed by your parent or guardian, that lists the secondary school courses you completed and includes a statement that you successfully completed a secondary school education in a homeschool setting. If you are unable to obtain the documentation listed above, please contact us immediately.
  • If you completed secondary education in a foreign country, a final high school transcript, a copy of the "secondary school leaving certificate" or other similar document. Academic records must be original official records, with a seal and signature in ink of an authorized official of the institution or examining board issuing the records, or an exact copy which has been certified by the authorized institutional official or examining board. The seal and signature must appear as original. We require copies of both the front and back of all academic documents. Documents in a language other than English must be accompanied by official English translations.

    Required International Credentials by Country

Official Documentation may be submitted by:

  • Submit by Mail or Fax to:
    Penn State Undergraduate Admissions
    201 Shields Building
    University Park, PA 16802
    Fax: 814-863-7590
  • Submit in Person: Students may also deliver a transcript in an envelope sealed by your high school to the admissions office at the Penn State campus you will attend.
    Contact your Penn State Campus
  • Submit through our Web Counselor System
    Your high school may be an electronic partner with Penn State. If your high school is an electronic partner with Penn State Undergraduate Admissions, your counselor may submit final high school documentation through our Web Counselor System.
  • Submit Electronically
    Transcripts can be sent through Parchment, the National Student Clearinghouse, Scribbles, SCOIR, the Common Application or via email directly to Penn State from the high school. If your school requires an email address to send a transcript electronically, please use

SRAR Validation

Validation of the Self-Reported Academic Record is also required for a first-year student.

If after receipt of your final high school transcript it is determined that additional information is needed, the To Do List in the Student Services Section or your MyPennState checklist will be updated to reflect the required documents.


Excited about becoming a Penn Stater? Show us! Connect with us, and with other members of the Penn State community, on social media using #PSUBound

View #PSUBound Post

FAQ for Admitted Students

Review our frequently asked questions for summer/fall 2024 admitted students

FAQ for Admitted Students