Alert Date to Accept Offers of Admission Extended to May 15

Penn State will extend its offer acceptance deadline from May 1 to May 15, 2024, for incoming first-year students enrolling in the summer or fall 2024 terms.
Penn State News Release

Materials Science & Engineering (MATSE_BS)

Program Transfer Requirements:

Campus Options:
(Start at any campus and Finish: University Park)

Commonwealth Campuses: Less than or equal to 4 semesters of work attempted, along with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 and the completion of 4 credits of calculus with analytic geometry (Math 140 equivalent) with a grade of "C" or better.

University Park: Greater than 4 semesters of work attempted, a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75, along with a combined GPA of 2.5 of the follow eight entrance to major courses; 8 credits of calculus with analytic geometry (MATH 140 & MATH 141 equivalents), 2-3 credits of Matrices (Math 220 equivalent), 6 credits of general chemistry (CHEM 110 & 112) and 2 credits of general chemistry lab (CHEM 111 & 113), and 4 credits of Physics (PHYS 211). All courses must have a grade of "C" or better.

General Requirements

College of Earth and Mineral Sciences

Majors in the College of Earth and Mineral Sciences may be started at any Penn State campus and are completed at Penn State University Park or World Campus (major depending). Direct transfer to University Park requires a minimum 2.75 GPA, while transfer to a Commonwealth Campus requires a minimum 2.5 GPA (unless otherwise noted). Applicants with less than two years of coursework will be asked to start at a Penn State campus and transition to Penn State University Park on completion of the entrance to major requirements for their intended major. Typically, this transition occurs at the end of the sophomore year.

Tuition Advisory

Please be advised that a student’s tuition will increase when the Penn State transcript reflects 59.1 cumulative credits. Credits earned from tests, like AP or IB exams, are considered transfer credits and are included in the cumulative credit total. If the credits you are transferring or have transferred to Penn State place you above 59.1 cumulative credits after the start of the semester, your tuition will increase immediately. You will receive a bill for the additional tuition on the first day of the following month. For more information, visit the Office of the Bursar's website