Alert Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Admissions to Penn State Updates 

Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering (PNGE_BS)

Program Transfer Requirements:

Campus Options:
(Start at any campus and Finish: University Park)

Major Requirements:
No transfer admissions at University Park. Applicants who have less than or equal to 48 attempted credits, along with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 and the successful completion of 4 credits of calculus with analytic geometry (Math 140 equivalent) may apply for admission to the College of Earth and Mineral Sciences pre-major status at a campus other than University Park.

General Requirements

College of Earth and Mineral Sciences

Majors in the College of Earth and Mineral Sciences may be started at any Penn State campus and are completed at Penn State University Park. (Unless otherwise noted.) Applicants with less than two years of course work will be asked to start at a Penn State campus and transition to Penn State University Park on completion of the entrance to major requirements for their intended major. Typically, at the end of the sophomore year.

Tuition Advisory

Please be advised that a student’s tuition will increase when the Penn State transcript reflects 59.1 cumulative credits. Credits earned from tests, like AP or IB exams, are considered transfer credits and are included in the cumulative credit total. If the credits you are transferring or have transferred to Penn State place you above 59.1 cumulative credits after the start of the semester, your tuition will increase immediately. You will receive a bill for the additional tuition on the first day of the following month. For more information, visit the Office of the Bursar's website