Penn State Alumni Admissions Volunteers form a crucial piece of the University's recruitment strategy. Get involved today to start sharing your Penn State pride with future Penn Staters.
Ways to Get Involved
The Recruitment Cycle and You
Your commitment to Penn State students, both current and future, is deeply appreciated. The Alumni Admissions Volunteer Program works in tandem with the larger recruitment cycle, which runs roughly from August to May. Below is a general timeline of the recruitment cycle, to give you a sense of what a typical year in Undergraduate Admissions looks like. Due to COVID-19, many of our traditional recruitment activities could be cancelled or postponed. These activities have been marked with an asterisk.
Application opens, signaling the beginning of the new admissions cycle.
Late August – Early November – Fall recruitment season:
- November 1 - Early Action Deadline
- Alumni volunteer kick-off events occur throughout the country.*
- Fall recruitment events, including Prospective Student Receptions, are held throughout the country for prospective students, where we primarily interact with high school seniors.*
University staff begin reviewing applications, and performing outreach to accepted high school students and counselors.
- December 24 - Early Action students notified of admissions decision
- Alumni volunteers perform LionsROAR outreach to accepted students.
- Alumni volunteers involved in Adopt a High School begin outreach to accepted students at their designated high school.
Late February–Mid-May – Spring recruitment season.
- May 1 - National Acceptance Deadline
- Spring recruitment events, including Prospect and Accepted Student Receptions, throughout the country for students, where we primarily interact with accepted students and rising seniors.*